When I was young I remember going to visit my Grandma Pierson and how much fun we would have. There were so many things I remember, but I have always remembered how she used to french braid all the girls hair. Now she could braid your hair so tight, I mean like instant face lift, stay in for a week kind of tight.
When I had Hailey, I was so excited to get to do her hair, but french braiding was something that always eluded me. I knew the concept, but my hands couldn't follow the image in my head as well as I liked. I have been practicing though. I taught myself how to do small sections. Today I ventured into pigtails. Now they are certainly not as tight as my Grandma's but they turned out way better than any of my previous attempts. I guess I just have to practice a lot more to achieve the pull your eyes into a slant tightness that I remember as a child.
6 comments:
I am impressed! By the time Emery's hair is long enough, you will have the face-lift french braid perfected. :)
Well done. I can french braid I just dont have anyones hair to do it to.
When I was younger my mom would french braid our hair starting at the top and go around in a circle like a crown. I loved it.
Forget french braids.....I am just in awe of what you due on a daily basis with Hailey's hair! I always love it!!!
BTW, when you figure out the facelift, I'm coming over for you to do MY hair. I'd LOVE my face to be tighter :)
They look great!
I grew up with 4 sisters. We all learned to French Braid...but I am still not good at it.
I guess now that I have Rylee I need to practice so that when she has hair I can make it look half as good as you did!
That is something I really need to learn how to do now that I have a girl. I used to know how to do a fish bone braid, but I think I might have forgotten. Hailey is such a beautiful girl and she always looks absolutely adorable! What a good mom you are.
They look great! And you don't want them too tight anyway, I like them a little looser.
Post a Comment