Yesterday, I was standing in the kitchen, looking at the calendar to remind myself of any upcoming appointments, birthdays, and stuff. I noticed that the boys have an eye appointment next week and I had the thought that is was pretty amazing that they both had made it the whole year without having to replace their glasses. Given how rough they can be, I was quite impressed.
I spoke too soon...
When I picked the boys up from school, Carter gets in and tells me that he lost his glasses. I really thought he was joking-how can you just lose them. Apparently, he was jumping up to a bar on the playground and they fell off. By the time he got down ,they were gone. He told the playground lady and she looked. He told his teacher, when recess was over, and they went back out and looked again. But they were nowhere to be found. I guess they must have fallen into a black hole. Maybe they will get turned into the lost and found, but at this point, I'm not too hopeful. At least, they go off track today and he only had to make it through one day of school without them. I really hope this is not a sign of things to come. From now on, I think I will have him leave his glasses inside for recess. He doesn't really need to see who he is playing with, or the next rung on the monkey bars; I'm sure he'll be fine without them!
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
8 months ago
1 comment:
Who did you find, I need someone on this side of town?
When I took Jaden to the dentist for the first time he had 3 cavities and they filled them. Collin didn't have any...which is amazing because he is always eating candy!
Post a Comment