Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It is true!




Brendan absolutely loves Carter. He really does live and breathe him. He will play anything Carter wants and is pretty much lost without him.






I often find them cuddled up together- I really always wonder how they can stand to be so squished together, but it never seems to bother them. So this leads me to my last post. On Thursday afternoon they were playing spiderman and Carter tells Brendan that if he puts on his spiderman underwear and goes to the bathroom on the toilet then he will have super powers. So ,of course, Brendan came running down to me,underwear in hand, and asked me to put them on. I really doubted that this time would be any different than all the other times he has wanted to put them on and just peed in them. But I humored him ,and to my total amazement, he goes on the toilet. I really thought that would be the end of it ,with Carter going to school the next day, and not being able to tell him which super power he earned each time he went. I was wrong again, he just made me count each time he went so that Carter would know how many powers he had to tell him he earned. I was so shocked.


So here we are 5 days later and not one accident. He acts as if he has been doing it for months. I really was beginning to think that Hailey might potty train before Brendan, he really had absolutely no desire to even try. I had tried bribing with all sorts of things and he just wasn't having any of it. So I give all the credit to Carter for making it happen. Who would of thought we would just have to give him super powers. On Monday, since he had done so well, we went to target to pick out a toy( he picked a Ben 10 action figure)because after all that he certainly deserved it. Good job Brendan and way to go Carter!

7 comments:

Amber said...

YAY!! I'm so happy for you! Cori decided today to wear panties and Megan has been her biggest champion and has been helping her all day. SHe's had accidents though- but refused to wear a diaper to bed. I guess we'll see what happens right? I can only hope it goes as smoothly as it has for you.

Lindsey F. said...

What an awesome story!!!! Go Carter, and a big, super huge YEAH for Brendan! I have recently learned from personal experience that accomplishing potty training is one of the greatest achievements in the world of parenthood!

Kim said...

WOW, that is awesome. Send Carter my way in a couple years! I will need someone to train Cutler!

Angela said...

I am soooo jealous. Wyatt goes potty every now and then, but he still has never gone #2 and I for sure never put him in "big boy pants" cause he always just pees in them. Wyatt doesn't have an older sibbling to tell him what super powers he earns. I have been reading your posts on my blog, and I agree that Sydnee looks like Wyatt. I have all these darling girl clothes thanks to you, and she is soooo small she can't fit into anything. I am hoping her seasons won't be off now.

Kimber said...

Congratulations! We all knew your children were intelligent, but so cunning? Did Carter get a toy too?

Ginger said...

Wow! Potty training is so fun isn't it? It's amazing what sibling influence can accomplish sometimes. That's a really cute story. :)

Heidi said...

ok so lindsey i just have to say that your older son is a genius.I have also been dealing with the potty training blues. My little guy is 3 and a half and I have a baby on the way. Well he will go as long as he is naked. well since we cant go naked all the time I am going to steal your idea and have my 6 year old give him powers.

It just dawned on me you may not Know who I am. I am Corys cousin up in Lehi. I found your blog through jers which I got through Kristens. Hope you dont mind but I like to keep up with you all down there since we never get down there.