Wednesday, January 1, 2014

"Best Day Ever!"

Right before Christmas, we took the kids to Enterprise to visit some of Corey's family. We had missed the family Christmas party a couple of weeks earlier because it was horrible weather in Utah so we needed to go and deliver presents and see everybody before the holiday. There was still a little snow on the ground and the kids were begging to play in it. This was Emery's first time in the snow. 

We decided to take them sledding. Well our idea of sledding for the day was pulling it behind the Gator in the field behind his parent's house. But it was a blast. The kids were in absolute heaven. They could not stop grinning.

I couldn't miss it either. I rode in the back of the Gator to take pictures. I took close to 300 pictures, but I was bouncing around so much that only half actually turned out. I was holding on for dear life with one hand and taking pictures with the other.  I should have had a picture of me taking the pictures, it was quite the ordeal. But it was so worth it to catch their facial expressions and see how much fun they were having. Emery proclaimed it the "best day ever!"
 



 Aunt Sherilyn was good to keep Emery off the track. She wanted a turn every time Corey came around.
I caught some cute pictures of my nephews too.
 Carter had a couple of good wipe-outs. Once he lost the sled and kept going and ended up with his rear end covered in mud. And once he came up with an earful of snow.
 This picture was the only one I really wished had been in focus as Kayden caught some air.
We will definitely have to go again. Next time we will have to be a little more prepared with the proper attire though, the kids were pretty wet and frozen by the time we were done. They all agreed it was worth it.

1 comment:

grandma race said...

Pure joy on those faces!