Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Our Holiday

We spent our holiday together at home. On Christmas Eve, Corey and I took the kids to pick presents for each other, that was the only shopping I had not gotten done. Then we came home and made cookies for Santa. We had already made, decorated, and delivered several batches to friends, but we needed some just for us.

I love when I can get all the kids together involved in the same activity. It is so rare anymore.
We ate homemade chili with cornbread, read Christmas stories, and opened our new pj's.
Santa came in the night. And I'm glad he got my note about keeping things small this year. We have enough stuff around here anyway.

Christmas morning came and, of course, the kids were so excited. Surprisingly though we did get to sleep until after 7 before the chaos began.
 
I always have to make them wait a little longer and take a picture before I let them go downstairs. 
Emery was at the best age this year, she was just so excited, and all she wanted was Barbie stuff. That was a first around our house, but she has loved them so far.


 Hailey asked for an art kit, the movie "White Fang" and a stuffed wolf. Santa came through and then some. The only thing she didn't get was some seaweed (?). It was a late addition to her list though. Santa was probably already done with his shopping.


 Kayden was simple this year. He asked for a game and a back brush. Santa also brought him some shirts since he always seems to be growing out of his clothes.


 Carter wanted some headphones and was thrilled with his new Miami Heat shirt and hat too. Santa always brings some great surprises.


 Some new clothes that hopefully she won't fight to wear because Santa brought them.


 For Brendan, it was a Lego Chima Christmas. His new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book has been a hit with everyone too. I heard Kayden giggling in his room while reading it last night. 

Corey and the kids surprised me with a new Kindle Fire HDX
This is my 3rd one. It even says at the top, "Lindsey's 3rd kindle." My first one met an untimely end when I left it on the bumper and it fell off a couple blocks away. (Yes I left it on my bumper while watching the kids outside, and yes it stayed on there for a couple of blocks until it fell off and it was actually fine until another car ran over it.) My 2nd kindle is just fine and I loved it. We had been thinking of getting one for the younger kids to use. Corey just decided to get me the newest one and let the kids use my other one. I am just glad I get it to myself without someone constantly bugging me to use it.

Another great Christmas. I love having the time to spend together as a family and build memories together.

No comments: