We always start the new year around here by celebrating Kayden's birthday. He is always pretty easy to please and doesn't want to much.
We started with his birthday breakfast. I made him cowboy cake and scrambled eggs. His favorite foods are breakfast foods and he pretty much ate them all day. Then we opened his presents. All he wanted was cash to get a new DS. His old one was stolen at school and he wanted a new one to play while he is on the bus. He spent the rest of the morning on it.
His choice for his birthday dinner/breakfast #2 was IHOP. They had all you can eat pancakes. He can really eat quite a bit, but I think he only made it through 3 pancakes. Of course that was in addition to his bacon, sausage and eggs.
Then for his 3rd breakfast, he wanted doughnuts this year instead of cake. We picked some up and went home to finish celebrating with the rest of the kids.
I just kept thinking that only a teenage boy could put away that much sugar and be okay. But he loved it all. Good thing his birthday is only once a year or he might go into a sugar coma.
He had a good day. He definitely keeps us on our toes, and are so glad to have him in our family.

2 comments:
Happy birthday, Kayden. He'll be driving soon. Holy moly!
ONLY a teenage boy could put down that much. I'm going to blame all my weight struggles on my boys who always want all treats imagineable every day...and it will only get worse I'm sure.
Post a Comment