Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving

Emery is ready to move on to Christmas and Thanksgiving already feels like it was a long time ago, but it happened, we survived, and even had fun.
 
We started our celebration at Hailey's class Thanksgiving program and feast.
 
 She sang some cute songs and they performed a short little play. Then her class sat down for a small feast. Hailey was so good to share her seat and meal with Emery. It just made Emery's day. 


Then for Thanksgiving day, we had all of Corey's family come to our house this year. I was nervous about having such a large group here, there were about 32 people, but it all worked out and was a lot of fun. The weather was so nice that even though there was a house full of kids, you would have never even known. I was able to set up tables on the patio and then they just stayed outside to play.

I cooked rolls for several days before, made pumpkin cake and even cooked my first turkey. I was nervous about that, but it turned out perfect. Then everyone contributed to our feast with salads, stuffing, ham, veggies, and of course, pies.

The men even helped with all the cooking. It takes a lot of cooperation to get that many potatoes done.
 
Once we sat down to eat, MaryAnn and Jeremy kept us all entertained through our meal. It also gave me some good evidence that we had a really good time.
 
 Although turkey justs gets to you after awhile though.
I take it as a compliment that my turkey was done right.

One of the biggest reasons I invited everyone to our house was so that we could black Friday shop here. Of course, I didn't know that black Friday would really be happening on Thursday, but we went anyway since everybody was here. It was a lot of fun though. Walmart was just crazy, I really don't think I would ever go there again, but I could handle the rest. Good company always makes for a good time. We actually partied and shopped all weekend. It was a lot of fun, and I can actually say I would even host again. It truly makes me thankful to have such great family that I can really enjoy and have fun with.

3 comments:

Robert Lea said...

Way to go, Lindsey. That's quite a crowd you hosted and fed. I'm impressed!

Can I make a request, though? I need to see more of YOU in your photos, which is hard cause you're the mom behind the camera. I miss seeing you, no matter what the medium.

grandma race said...

It looks like it turned out very well and you were a great hostess!

Chelsey said...

I've sworn off Walmart on black Friday's too. I went once and that was enough for me. I'm impressed you fed so many. That is a TON of rolls to make.