Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Still reading

It has been forever since I posted the books that I have read. I have slowed a little since this summer, but I have still made my way through quite a few. I make sure I always have something to read when a moment presents itself. That is usually the 30 minutes a couple times a week while Emery is in speech, but I look forward to those minutes of reading in peace.

My most favorite in the most recent reads was this...
Not too surprising since I just love historical fiction. This was long, I felt like I was reading it forever, but it was worth it. The story of several people living in America during the Civil War and how their lives intersect. 

This one was book club selection a few months ago. 
This was a pretty quick read. An interesting story and idea and I liked it, but was a little disappointed with the ending. This takes place in the future, where the world is drastically different though, (dystopia, I think is what this genre is called, like Hunger games, etc.), like I said it was interesting and worth a quick read. 

The Maze Runner was also a book club selection. Although I got carried away and read the whole trilogy.
They are also dystopia novels. I also liked them, but I wouldn't say they were my favorite maybe only because I was getting sick of the dystopia theme, but I couldn't stop reading because I needed some answers.

I just finished reading this, it was this month's selection. 

 I liked this, better than our previous selections. It is also the first in a series. I will probably read the rest at some point. I never know how much to write about the books so I don't give anything away and I am not very good at summaries, but it's worth the read too. 

I am currently reading

The first book to this series was another book club selection and it was one that surprised me at how much I liked it. The story is about the next generation from the first, but it has been very good so far. 

1 comment:

Jaime Lynne said...

I added many of these to my 'to read' shelf. Thanks a bunch!