Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Everyday

 Carter came home from school with this on his ear the other day hoping I would freak out. I just told him that he's lucky it wasn't real or he might have been in a lot of pain from where I pulled it out. 

Speaking of Carter, he finished his swim camp and has been on the swim team for about a month now. He is really doing well, but it's not so great for his hair. I tried to convince him that we should just cut it, but that was not an option to him. Now he just washes after swimming and again before school. It doesn't seem to be making much of a difference though.


We have been playing a lot of Apples to Apples, the Disney version, around here. The kids just think it's the greatest.


 Hailey is such a little artist. She just loves to color. She will bring home her already completed homework packets and then spend all weekend coloring them just for fun.


This was our first Christmas decoration put up this year, it was built by Brendan. Now that everything is out, Emery is a little obsessed with the tree. She always comes right downstairs first thing to make sure the lights are on and insists they stay on all day. I kinda love it though, I would leave them on all day anyway, but now I can just blame it on her.

3 comments:

grandma race said...

It is fun that Emery is so in to Christmas! I wonder where she could have gotten that gene. Carter that is interesting hair! Brendan you can come and build me a lego Christmas tree! Good job on the coloring Hailey. Hi Kayden!

Unguren said...

First off, I left a truly witty comment the other day and then...it was gone. I would try to recreate it, but let's face it, it would never be as good...so...
Blake and I were talking about getting a game for our kids for Christmas, maybe that will be the one we get.
Carter was really going for shock factor with that earring.
When the kitty comes as soon as it is old enough it is going to be an outside cat with the exception of at night. *hopefully* Also, when it came to choosing a pet, we figured that a cat was the lesser of two evils when compared with a dog.

Connie said...

Swimmers' hair! We know it well. Keeping it short is the best option, but outside of that, yes, have him shower after every practice (for the skin, if not the hair). Aussie's 3-Minute Miracle Conditioner is a good and inexpensive product. And every now and again, have him rinse his hair with apple cider vinegar. If you want to get him back for the earring prank, I would neglect to tell him about keeping the vinegar out of his eyes.