Thursday, February 13, 2014

Around here

I've been terrible about taking pictures around here again or feel like when I do take them they are just not turning out very well, even on my big camera. I've got to get out of this rut though because I do miss having the pictures to look at.  Here are the few that have been taken on my phone over the last month or so.

 1. Carter and Emery. Still a pretty tight bond between these two. She just loves to be around him.
2. These two either play really well together or they are fighting. This morning they were having a great time together. 
3.We run around a lot. I get sick of it. I've said it before, but it seems to be the story of our life right now. Emery loves to be on the go, but she also takes advantage of the days we are home. She loves to stay on her PJ's and take some time to play with her toys. I have been trying to make sure we have more mornings like this. We always try to stay home in the afternoon too and enjoy our time before the kids gets home and the craziness starts.
4. My kitchen helper.I can't do anything without her right in the thick of it. That afternoon we decided to make chocolate chip scones.

 5. Emery's dog is still a big part of our life around here. Her attachment is not quite as strong as it was, we can usually at least leave the house without anxiety now, but when we are home, the dog is not far from where she is. And he has to be there for bedtime for sure.
6. This is so typical Emery. She insisted on having three pieces of cinnamon bread for breakfast. She took a bite from each one and then was done. 
7. A new rug for my living room. I have wanted one in there for years I just couldn't ever find one for the $$ I was willing to spend. But this one, was the perfect choice and a great deal at Costco. I love it, it changed the whole room. 
8. My girls ask to watch the Frozen clips on YouTube at least once a day. They have the songs memorized and are dying for it to come out on DVD. It is definitely one of their most favorite movies they have ever seen.

9. I love my toy room. I love having a space that they can play. Most of the time I don't let the mess get to me because it's upstairs and not under our feet. But there are times I have to just shake my head. In this picture, it was clean literally fifteen minutes prior. Emery makes quick work of it some days. Right not it is a lego disaster and has been for weeks. 
10. Corey will love this, but this was on a Friday night and it was even late. It was before nine even, and he was out. He parties too hard at work. 
11.Hailey working hard on her Valentine cards. Most years I have made cute homemade stuff. I just never got it done this year. We had to settle on store bought ones.
12. Hailey brought home and early Valentine card from a boy. The message on the back was hilarious.("Javen loves you, don't tell"). She always has a long list of boyfriends.

1 comment:

grandma race said...

Loved the pictures. I am so excited to see all of you in March!!