Monday, July 29, 2013

Utah trip

Every summer I try to take my kids to Utah to visit my parents and other family there. We started our trip going to Enterprise to attend my nephew's, Jason, mission farewell. (he's the second nephew to leave in just the last few weeks, it makes me feel really old!) From Enterprise, Corey had to head back home to catch a flight to California, to work for the rest of the week and the kids and I headed to my parents house in Payson, Utah.

It's always such a nice break. Especially from the heat and I always think a change of scenery is good to help with summer boredom.

The first day there we went to the Payson City pool. We love it there and spent the whole afternoon enjoying it. 
 The kids rotated between the water slides, the lazy river, and jumping off the diving board. Emery spent the whole time in the kids area. I bet she went down the water slides there at least 100 times. They were all so worn out when we left.

One of the days, we met up with Corey's brother Jeremy, his wife Angela, and their three kids, who live in Saratoga Springs, at Trafalga in Lehi. My other sister-in-law Kim from Enterprise, happened to be vacationing too, with a couple of her boys and they met us. We had so much fun that day.

There was go-carts, bumper boats, laser tag, mini golf, rides for the kids, and an arcade.
 I was so glad to have Jeremy there, he was such a good sport to take kids in the bumper boats. He got soaked so I didn't have to.
We ended that adventure with Chick-fil-A. A must stop when we are in Utah.

We also love to go to Provo and go bowling at Fat Cats. We have done this for the last 3 years or so. This time we went with a fun family, the Fitzwaters, that live by my parents. They have 5 kids also and close in age to mine. We had a blast with them and my kids played with them each night that we were there. 
 Of course, my dad always cooks good food while we are there and my my mom and I always get in some shopping time. It's always hard to leave.

On the way home, we had to stop at my brother Nick's house. They had their third baby the day before. There was no way they could have kept me from stopping to meet my new niece, June. I had to pull myself away, I could hold those little ones all day.

We really had a good time and it's been hard to get back into the swing of things around here. I think we are all still functioning in vacation mode.

No comments: