Monday, June 10, 2013

End of the year festivities

The last week of school was filled with all kinds of  fun stuff. 

There were award assemblies
Hailey earned a citizenship award. Brendan earned an a/b honor roll certificate. I had to laugh because, normally I would think Brendan's certificate to be a little silly, but Brendan hates writing. Hates it. Like fights tooth and nail about it. I made that kid redo so many spelling sentences and writing assignments throughout the year, it was beyond ridiculous. He will do just about anything, but make him write it down and he's out. So I was proud of that "B" he earned in writing. We worked hard for that sucker!

The kids also had end of the year parties in each of their classes. 



The older boys celebrated their last week by taking finals. So fun. They did get out early all week though so that made up for it... just a little.

On the last day, Hailey's class performed plays and had a potluck breakfast.

It was an emotional morning. Hailey's teacher is leaving to teach in the middle east for two years and it was a a hard goodbye for everyone.

Emery just can't be left out.

Brendan's class had it's own award ceremony. It was another hard morning in his classroom too. His teacher is leaving for another Somerset campus and will be missed.
 She gave Brendan the "air" award. For always being a breath of fresh air and for all his original ideas in their classroom.

It was a tough last day. I am always grateful for good teachers. We have been so lucky to have teachers who truly love what they are doing and love their students. That always makes such a difference.

The kids were ready for summer to begin though. We invited a bunch of friends over, had lunch and, of course, did this...
Summer is officially here!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I am sad that so many teachers are going to the new campus. Boo! Oh well, hopefully the new ones they bring in are as great as the ones leaving!!

grandma race said...

Fun pics! It fun that they got awards and pictures w/ their teachers.

Unguren said...

My cousin is going to teach in Qatar. Crazy! But I guess...why not?!