I can't believe I forgot to include this beauty in my last decor post. I had to make sure it was on here because it's really one of my favorite things I have found.
I love this mirror. I found it at Home Goods on the same trip, with my mom, when I found my big blue lantern. I found the wreath at Tai Pan.
This spot used to look like this.
I had had the plate rack there for years. I would change the plates out with the holidays and now I just change the wreath on the mirror.
I also added these cute letters above my kitchen window. My mom had them at her house. They were sitting on top of her fridge, they kept falling down, or something, so I offered to take them off her hands. (Really, she's much worse than me, and changes her decor quite often, I blame her for my desire to change things around here). The letters were originally brown, but I thought they would be cute painted blue and sanded down.
I also found some curtains on clearance and switched out the dark brown ones. I love the difference it made.
I also finally printed a new print for the frame in the entryway. Valentines day is officially over at our house.
I don't claim to be any sort of decorator, but I do love trying to make my house reflect what I like and love finding a great deal. It's also fun to look back and remember how the place we call "our home" looked.
Something I don't want to forget, it's my greatest addition to the decor, in the house.
This beauty...
Yes, I have a fridge in my entry way. Lovely, huh? It's kind of a long story, but a good friend, who was moving, gave it to us for free. Free! Who turns down a free fridge? Especially when fridge/freezer space is hard to come by around here. Not us. So we had plans of putting it in the kitchen and putting our other one in the garage. However, we both park in the garage and neither of us are willing not to. It's a tight fit in there already. Then we thought of putting it on the back patio. We figured it might be too hot out there. Without a good plan, the new fridge just sat there, and sat there. So I finally just gave up and plugged the darn thing in and began to fill it up. The girls now use it to play "sharing/singing" time and put all their visual aids on the side. I get weird looks from everyone that comes to our door and have explained the whole situation many times, but really, I just don't care now. I have a great spot to keep my diet coke.
4 comments:
I love the look of the eat letters in turquoise. The mirror just works well in that spot. The one thing I haven't added to my decor is a fridge in my living room. I won't deny you got the change the decor gene from me. It make life interesting. Cute pics.
I am completely in love with the mirror and in total shock over the fridge. So unlike you. But parking in the driveway does not sound enjoyable, especially with the heat. Ugh. Maybe you could paint the fridge blue and sand it down and put a wreath on it and call it part of your decor. :)
Okay. The fridge is really funny. Especially for someone like you who is a GREAT decorator. When it's free,you have 5 kids, you stick it where you can. If it makes you feel better I have an extra fridge on exhibit here too.
Love the decor...DARLING!
Post a Comment