Thursday, April 4, 2013

A busy Saturday

A few weeks ago our ward had a St. Patricks/ Easter/ 5k/ breakfast. Everyone that wanted to participate in the 5k or 1 mile walk came early and we even had our own leprechaun to chase who left prizes along the way. Carter ran the whole thing. Brendan was bound and determined to run the whole way. He gave it his best effort, but was a couple laps short. The next time he will be ready. The girls and I walked and enjoyed visiting with friends as we made our laps around the park. I'm not sure what Kayden did, he took off with friends and I hardly saw him till the end.

Once the run/walk was done we enjoyed a good breakfast and moved onto an Easter egg hunt.

 Even leprechauns enjoy a good Easter egg hunt!


Proof that Kayden was around.

After the party we headed home for a short rest and then loaded back up for Carter's 2nd swim meet. I was worried he would be too tired after running a 5k, but he did just fine.
This meet was a little harder for him because he had to swim in races using his least favorite strokes, butterfly and breast stroke. But he also got to race in a medley, a combo of four strokes, which he really enjoyed. 

He is improving everyday. He even was able to move up a team and really loves it. It's so fun to see him enjoy something so much. 


1 comment:

Chelsey said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been neglecting my blog lately. Life does seem to get busier as the kids get older, doesn't it? Easter egg hunts and swim meets on the same day are par for the course.