Hailey enjoyed a full week of birthday celebrations. Although her birthday was Monday, we started the celebrations a little early. Corey and I took her out on her birthday date the Saturday before. She wanted to eat at Macaroni Grill, we took some birthday pictures, and then we took her to Marble slab on the way home.
On her actual birthday, she celebrated at school. She brought sugar cookies for everyone to enjoy. She came home pretty excited.
Her teacher gave her the crown, and her teacher from last year got a hold of her and made sure she had 7 stickers to wear for the day.
Then we had a pretty laid back celebration at home.
I let her pick the dinner menu. And of all the things she could have picked, all she wanted was shell macaroni and cheese with edamame.
Then we opened presents. I had taken her to look for ideas a few days earlier. She had been wanting a new scooter, but not one that was girl colors. She was so happy we found one. She also spotted the Merida doll with her horse and put it on top of her list. She could care less about the doll, she handed it right off to Emery, but she saw that black horse and was in love.
We ended the night with chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream.
As if all this wasn't enough, I let her have a friend party this year too. We decided to have a birthday breakfast in our pj's and it was a lot of fun.
Stuck the candles in a chocolate muffin this time instead of cake, and sang away.
She was spoiled with some fun presents.
I handed out pajama awards and we played a couple of games. Including an intense game of "what breakfast food am I", and thanked everyone for coming with a fun little treat bag.
She had such a fun week. I am now wondering how I can make my birthday last a whole week. I'm not sure if my friends would come for a pajama party though.
.jpg)
2 comments:
I would SO be there for your pajama party. If you give me at least 20 hours notice. The drive is now rather long.
What a fun party idea!
I would like my party to last a week. I don't want to get any older but party for a week that is a great idea. She looks like she enjoyed every minute of it.
Post a Comment