We have definitely left the lazy days of summer behind us. I feel like we spend our life running again. I knew it would be that way and tried to prepare myself, but I still wish we could slow down a little.
I feel like I have to look at my lovely calendar several times a day just to make sure we aren't forgetting anything.
My kids aren't even doing that much, but even if they each only do one thing, it makes us busy.
Carter and Brendan have been doing swimming. Brendan wanted to sign up first for swim camp, that teaches and prepares kids for swim team, and then Carter decided he wanted to also. Poor Brendan though after the first day, it was evident he needed a few more lessons before he was ready, he was a little devastated. I was a little disappointed too because that meant they would swim at different times. Now Brendan is done with lessons and not sure he even wants to keep going, but Carter is enjoying it. It's Tuesday and Thursdays nights. Scouts and Young Mens is also on Tuesdays, it's always a juggling act to get everybody back and forth that night. We had to switch buildings too so it's no longer a 5 minute drive. That night is just a little crazy.
Kayden stays after school Thursdays, to practice for his upcoming House of Cards competition. He usually has to take the late bus home which arrived 30 minutes after I had pick up Brendan and 30 minutes before I take Carter. I don't think the timing could be any worse. Thank goodness Brendan finished to save one trip for now.
Hailey and Emery are taking gymnastics. Emery goes one morning a week and Hailey goes one afternoon. Not the same afternoon as the boys though to keep things a little easier.
They both love it. Although I only have pictures of Emery as proof. Hailey and I are always running out the door so fast I never remember the camera.
She doesn't stop smiling the whole class.
Emery is also doing speech therapy two mornings a week. She has just come along so well, it's really amazing. With speech and gymnastics, she seems to keep boredom to a minimum with everybody gone.
Of course there are always appointments and other things that have to be worked in too. 3 church callings, volunteering at the kids school, house cleaning and that darn laundry that never goes away take a lot of time. So when I am at home, I feel like I am running around preparing for the afternoon and making sure things are done for the next day. Once the kids get home it's running, homework, more running, dinner, finish homework, and then bedtime.
I love giving them opportunities to try and experience different things though so I guess we will just have to continue to put up with the busy schedule and hope the house cleans itself.
2 comments:
It looks like Emery is having a ball at her class!
Post a Comment