Monday, April 2, 2012

The break

This week is spring break. To be honest, I don't really look forward to it. It's the busy season for Corey so he can't take any time to go and do stuff. I could go and take the kids somewhere by myself, but our spring break is later than everywhere else so we can't really even plan to meet up with family. So I kinda dread it every year. I always struggle coming up with stuff to do that I can do with all of them and where it won't be a mad house with every other spring breaker doing the same thing.

We did start off fairly well this year though. Carter said it felt like his break started early because he had a field trip all day Friday to the Springs Preserve. ( I am not sure if I share that feeling. I went with him and spending the whole day with middle schoolers, hiking all over the place, was quite an exhausting experience.) However my sister and her family did come back from their vacation and spent one more night with us. It was great to have a little more time with them.  She and I (and Kayden) even went to see "The Hunger Games", which was good. Even though I was totally worn out from the field trip, it was totally worth it.  We also enjoyed conference and went out for ice cream cones on Saturday night.  We went with friends for lunch today. Carter even had a late night with friends tonight too.  So it was a pretty good start. 


At dinner tonight, I asked each of the kids what they wanted to do this week. Kayden doesn't know. Carter, besides hanging out with his friends,  wants me take him to the mall, just he and I. I am still wondering about that one. Not that I ever mind a trip to the mall, but it just seems like a strange request from an 11 year old boy. Brendan wants to go see "The Lorax" and Hailey wants to ride her bike around the neighborhood. (We accomplished that one tonight ). Emery is just up for all of it, she loves having the kids home.

I figure I will enjoy the week a little better with a plan of action and I think the above requests are pretty doable. So maybe I will enjoy the break this year. If nothing else, sleeping in is always a good thing!!

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

It's the worst when husbands have busy season when the kids are out of school. It's kind of that way for dentists too because when kids are out and parent's have time, doctor appointments get made. Enjoy the break!

Chrissy said...

I wish my kids requests were that easy!! I haven't specifically asked them what they want to do this week, but my first grader already came home asking to go to Florida for Spring Break and when I told him no he requested somewhere on an airplane!

Happy Spring Break!!

Unguren said...

Our spring break is this week too. I was excited for it but only because I dont have to go anywhere. I did paint our upstairs...

We are going to vegas for the weekend, if we arent super busy I will give you a call. With Easter it may be a little rough.