Friday, September 9, 2011

My Favorites on Friday

Meet B.T. Jr

my favorite pet that I don't have to care for
Last weekend, while we were in Utah for the funeral, we took the opportunity to spend time with Corey's family. We spent the day out in the mountains and let the kids run free. We were by a little creek and the kids soon discovered that there were a ton of toads. Brendan took one as his pet and so did his cousins. Thank goodness his cousin offered to take B.T. Jr home with him and his other toads where he could live in a cooler environment. I know he will be much happier with them anyway. I really had a hard time letting him go though, I still worry about him daily and would be devastated if he escaped his plastic box, I am sure my sister in law would be too.

(While catching the toads on of my little nephews, who is Brendan's age and has a very creative imagination, told Brendan that one of the toads he touched was a poisonous dart toad. Brendan, of course, thought he was serious and broke down that he was dying. We could not convince him that they were just playing and that he would live to see another day. When he finally went back to play, my nephew told him that he had sat still for 10 minutes so the poison hadn't moved through his body. Brendan again believed him. He still is convinced that he survived being poisoned by a deathly toad.)


3 comments:

Chrissy said...

That is the BEST kind of pet!! My kids wanta a pet, but EVERYTHING freaks me out, plus I don't want to take care of anything!! I love your header on your blog! It is always so cute to match the seasons and holidays. Do you make them yourself?? I am pretty computer stupid, so I was just wondering if it was easy;)

Chelsey said...

That is the funniest story about Brendan. My kids love to catch toads and frogs too. At my mom's this summer they caught some tree frogs and put them in a jar to take home. Good thing we flew cause I was able to convince them that the airport wouldn't let us through with the frogs:)

Unguren said...

I love any pet I don't have to take care of.

That story about Brendan is Awesome. Seriously so funny.