Every summer we try to make a trip to Payson, Utah to visit my parents. Last year I loaded up the kids and headed to Idaho to visit my sister, stopping in Payson on our way there and back. I didn't feel up to such a long drive this year so my sister agreed to meet halfway and we both drove to Utah. We love making the trip, it's such a nice break from the heat, and we love to see everyone.
We had backyard BBQ's
Emery took a liking to Uncle Todd and, of course, creamies while we were there.
We went to the park, went to the Payson City pool (which is the best pool I have ever been to) to do some swimming and sunburning, and did some bowling.
We were able to stay a full week, but I think my kids would have stayed all summer. My parents have such a great neighborhood. Every evening all the families are out playing, sharing treats and visiting. My kids absolutely loved being out playing. And they played HARD. It didn't hurt that Grandpa and Grandma bought these fun toys to keep them entertained
My kids had so much fun on these things. They would take them clear up the hill and ride them back down. Emery sailed down the driveway faster than I could even take her picture. She loved them. There were two of them and if they were being used, she just went up to the neighbors and borrowed theirs.
They even rode them in the rain
Our week with them went by so fast and we all had a hard time leaving. But we still managed to squeeze a little more fun before we went home. Corey had been working in Chicago while we were in Utah, but was able to fly into Salt Lake to spend the rest of the weekend with us and drive us home.
Once we picked him up, we drove to Park City. I absolutely love it there, it's just such a pretty place. We rode the Alpine Slide, Alpine Coaster, jumped on the trampolines, and Kayden, Carter and I even braved the zipline. I was a little freaked out, but I loved the ride down. Kayden was pretty nervous, but did it anyway. He just kept thanking me for helping him get over his fear. I would definitely do it again, but I would wear better shoes that I wasn't afraid of losing the whole way down.
It was pretty hot, so we cooled off with snow cones. However that didn't help with the sunburns. Everybody got a little too much sun there. We all felt it the next day.Well, some of us are still feeling it now.
The last day of our trip, we did a little Ikea and Cabelas shopping. Then we met up with Corey's brother, his wife and kids and Corey's sister and husband for an early dinner and then some swimming.
Such a fun time and so hard to come home. But I guess we can't stay forever...can we? Well, maybe until the snow falls and then I am sure we would be happy to leave.
2 comments:
The zip line looks so scary and SO FUN!!! Maybe next year we'll have to do something like that.
Love this post title. And the wiggle cars are a big hit at our grandparents' home, too.
Post a Comment