Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Wedding

This last weekend we went to St. George, Utah for Stephanie's (Corey's sister) wedding. It was a busy weekend but it was a great day. My parents happend to be in St. George too, so my kids got a double dose of Grandma and Grandpa time. It worked out great for Corey and I, we were able to attend the wedding and the luncheon without our kids. (Thanks again, Mom and Dad).  The kids were able to do some swimming and play with cousins. It really made for a nice morning.  I am not sure what the kids enjoyed the most all weekend, staying in a hotel, swimming,  playing with cousins, or seeing the Grandmas and Grandpas, but I know they enjoyed it all.

Stephanie and Calvin
Really, why is it so hard to get a family picture? I hope the photographers turn out better. Seriously, look at Brendan's face and Emery was totally uninterested.
Trying to get a shot of all 20 grandkids- Emery still uninterested. It will be interesting to see how that one turns out.

A rare shot of the two of them together

Poor Emery had only napped for a little while and was so exhausted the whole night. She was such a trooper though and was passed to so many people without a fuss.

A cute one of a couple of my neices.


Practicing for their first dance




A little dancing with Dad

The reception turned out great and we all had fun. (Except for my new shoes that turned out to be horribly uncomfortable. Thank goodness my sister-in-law saved me with an extra pair of flip flops. They were really cute too. It's too bad I didn't get a picture of them because I am sure I will never wear them again.) We really enjoyed the time spent with all the family and were totally exhausted by the end of the night. So exhausted that Brendan didn't even complain about sleeping in the same bed with Hailey and was even cuddled up with her by morning. I am sure he would deny this.

Another great weekend that went by too fast.

3 comments:

Lara said...

Your little family is beautiful. I LOVE Brendan's face in that photo. Too funny! Glad you guys had fun!

The Browner J.E.T.S. said...

Wow Steph looks beautiful and so happy. Sorry I had to miss it. Thanks for being the first one to let me see pictures. The girls dresses are so cute.

Jaime Lynne said...

Your new purple dress is gorgeous. Where did you get it? And did you pick up the ties from Matching Tie Guy?