Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Super baby

Emery's surgery went really well. I fully expected her to be pretty sore and miserable for a couple of days, but she has not seemed to be bothered much at all. The surgery was a little more extensive this time around. The doctor actually had to break her nasal bone in half in order to get to the cyst, and although there was more than he expected, he was able to get it all and we shouldn't have to repeat this ever again.

She is looking really good. The bridge of her nose is swollen and I think she looks like a Klingon; Corey thinks she looks like the aliens on Avatar. But I think we have reached the maximum on that and she doesn't show much bruising yet. I really thought she would have black eyes, but so far we have escaped that too. We will see what the next couple of days brings, but I still am shocked on how quickly she has recovered. I wish I could bounce back that quickly from stuff and have no memory of the experience. I did at least stay on my feet this time. I am quite proud of that little accomplishment.

5 comments:

Chelsey said...

She looks great for having her nose broken! Glad it went well and glad to hear you shouldn't have to do it again.

Kati said...

I'm happy to hear everything went good and that you stayed out of the hospital yourself. She doesn't look bad at all, still so cute!

Jaime Lynne said...

I'm glad it went well.

Hopefully you are done with surgeries now! :)

Samantha said...

Even with a Klingon nose, she is still a doll! Glad everything went well!

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad all went well!!! She looks amazing considering she just had surgery!! Yay for your family that all the surgeries are all over!!!

- Rebecca