Monday, August 30, 2010

A lot of firsts

First day of middle school.
I packed him up and sent him clear across town. I have been really nervous, but he seemed just fine.
First day of 5th and 1st grade

Carter was excited. Brendan was a little nervous about being at school ALL day, but Carter was there to take care of him.
He made sure he knew where his line was and reassured him that he would be there to get him after school. I may as well of not been there, Carter had it covered.

And another big first happened around here. Emery has been taking a few steps for a couple of weeks, but she now can get across the room.

She makes sure not to leave a remote behind.

7 comments:

Kati said...

Wow! So many firsts at your house. That's so cool Emery is walking and don't you just love how they always have to have some king of remote in their hands, mouth, etc?

So now that all your boys are gone, what are you girls going to do all day? Have fun with them!

Shadoe said...

You gotta love all the firsts. I swear my kids are going to break my camera if I take one more picture of them. I want your help with picasa. I love how you customize your posts. HELP, please.
Cute cute!!!

Unguren said...

You have got a fairly empty house now. What are you gonna do with all that free time?

Don't you know that remotes are good for balance. :)

Lara said...

Yay for Firsts!

How exciting that Emery is walking!

Unknown said...

Holy Smokes tons of firsts! Hope the boys had a good first day. Emery looks so cute...love the wobbly first steps.

Erin said...

Middle school!!? No way! Your kids are growing too fast! Make them stop! :) I love that your boys take care of each other. So so sweet. That pic of your girls in the previous post is priceless! Enjoy your girl time. It's the best. I took Addison to get a pedicure the other day. :)

Rebecca said...

Well, you know, those Wii remotes are all important....