Since Emery turned a year, I can't believe how much she has changed. I know I should be prepared for this by now, but I am still amazed by it. It just happens so fast, she is just not really a little baby anymore.
She is trying to walk with everything. The kitchen chairs, the little push car, and the other night she just grabbed onto Hailey's waist and walked that way.
She has also become much more demanding in what she wants. She even throws little tantrums already. She lets her feelings be known. The kids can't get away with just taking things away anymore because she fights back now. And, of course, they still can't handle making her upset.
( and really who could resist that little face?)
She is learning so many things. I really do love this age (even with her tantrums). She will wave bye-bye whenever I get remotely close to any door. And gets really upset if she thinks I am leaving without her. Even I just open the door to throw away a diaper. She just loves to go.
She is following in Hailey's footsteps and loves to play with cars. She will drive them all around the house. I don't know what is with my girls- there are girls toys all around, but the car mat and the cars are still favorites.
Her appearance is even changing. Her hair is becoming much thicker. And her little toothless grin will soon be gone too. Her top and bottom front teeth are now just starting to poke through. She has been eating a lot popsicles to help them ease their way in.
She still absolutely loves her bath. She actually loves to stick her whole head under the faucet and let the water run all over her face. She even will dunk her head under the water. I can't take my eyes off her for one second. She gets into everything and especially loves to get into my bathroom cupboards and throwing all the magnets off the fridge whenever she comes into the kitchen.
I just love watching her play and explore. I know how fast this time goes and am trying to enjoy as much of it as I can. If I could only make her slow down a little. I hate to think what changes another month is going to bring, but can't help loving all the things she is learning to do.


4 comments:
Emery is such a doll!
That's funny about the cupboards because Jaedyn does the same thing and my boys never did. She loves to throw out all of my hair stuff. She also loves to beat her brothers up. Just today she pulled Jaron's hair when he bent over to get something...she's such a bully, but in her defense, they are always in her face and she hates it!
This is my favorite stage with my kids. I love to watch them discover things around the house, or things they can do. Their personality is in full swing, and they really let it show!! I'm gonna miss seeing Emery in Primary every week! She is so dang cute!
I love that last picture, what a cutie!
So cute. It really does go by, so, so fast!
Post a Comment