It's been really hot. Like 110+ degrees hot. My kids have been a little stir crazy- making me really crazy. A couple weeks ago I couldn't stand it anymore. I told them no more TV, computer, and video games. I ordered them to go put on their swimsuits, slathered them with sunscreen ( carefully this time to avoid burns and striped sun tans), turned on the hose, gave them buckets, cups, and let them go at it. This led to 4 1/2 hours of entertainment.
We have since had many more water fights. I keep thinking they are going to get sick of it, but everytime they are outside for hours. It's been a little piece of heaven.
We have since had many more water fights. I keep thinking they are going to get sick of it, but everytime they are outside for hours. It's been a little piece of heaven.
During the first go round, I let Emery join them in her walker thinking she wouldn't want to crawl around on the cement, but that doesn't bother her at all. She was soaked and loved it. I have since given up trying to contain her and let her just be free.
It's been tempting to follow them outside and throw water on myself. Or just follow Hailey and lay down on the patio and roll around in the puddles. Anything to keep cool.



6 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun to me! I wish we could do that here, but we've got a dirt and rock backyard - not really conducive to water fights. We have been doing the sprinklers and pool at my parents' house though. Lookin' forward to some cooler weather.
Oh, and I love that last picture!!
Fantastic pictures, Lindsey. Some of the best. They really capture the joy and happiness that accompanies childhood.
Those pictures are so fun! When I get a fancier camera I'll have to go to you for advice! I do not miss those days of 110+ heat at all. It makes me cringe just to hear it. The neighborhoods there DO NEED neighborhood pools. Water is the only way to stay cool.
We have tried the sprinkler in our backyard but Gavin and Laney are the only ones that like it. I am sure they would not enjoy a water fight. Canon would run for cover.
It's amazing how much water will entertain every child! Whatever it takes to cool off...and keep everyone happy for so long. Nothing better.
What a fun time for the kids. Josh and I used to have water fights before our kids came along, now it's just him and the boys. What a cutie Hailey is...Oh how I miss her in Sunbeams!
Post a Comment