Monday, July 19, 2010

The rest of our vacation

Another one of the highlights from our trip was the Children's Discovery Museum. We hit it on one of the cooler days. My older kids have been to the museum here, but Hailey hadn't been and I don't think she was disappointed.  They had a great time in the room with the blue screen. They loved watching themselves on TV or making themselves disappear. Making floating heads appear on screen was loads of fun.

One of the favorite spots was the little grocery store. We saved that for last because we knew it would be a big hit. Even my older boys loved it. Carter, we discovered, was meant to restock shelves. He had that store so organized and neat when we left. I am going to have put those amazing skills to better use at home.


On our last day in Idaho, we went out the Lucky Peak. It is that same kind of thing as Eagle Island but with a little nicer beach and picnic areas, but we didn't realize, since it was so early in the summer and the water came straight from the bottom of a reservoir, it was freezing cold. My kids were a little upset by that. There was some whining and complaining, but they eventually waded in a little and passed the time playing in the sand.

We had such a good time and my kids are already planning their return trip. My sister and her family were so good to let us stay and fed us so well. My kids think I should be fixing breakfast everyday now. And wonder why we aren't roasting marshmallows in our backyard in the 115 degree weather. I have really missed the cooler weather and especially the nice evenings outside.

We headed back to my parent's house for the rest of the trip and were able to spend Father's day with my dad. After a good BBQ dinner we had creamies for dessert. Emery was not going to be left out on that. My dad offered her a taste and she just took it over.


We have definitely come back to reality and are wishing we could take another vacation.
  Maybe we will just have to eat some more creamies to make ourselves feel better.

I had to throw one last picture on- Kayden got totally sunburned at Lucky Peak, but Hailey ended up with stripes. Maybe I should no longer be trusted with sunscreen.

4 comments:

Kati said...

When Carter's done at your house, send him my way. Love Emery's crazy hair, I have a picture similar to that of Jaedyn. BTW, I've done the same thing with sunscreen. I really think it's the sunscreens fault!

Lara said...

Looks like tons of fun!!

I LOVE Emery's layered ribbon flower, it turned out cute!

Rebecca said...

Looks like you had a blast. Hehe, at least the pattern on Hailey's back wasn't a handprint. I've done that before.

Unguren said...

I agree that Emery's headband is cute.

I am loving that sunscreen picture. You can almost see the finger marks.