Friday, July 23, 2010

My Favorites on Friday

These pictures are not neccesarily favorites, but there is a story behind them. I was sick last week with tonsilitis and a ear infection. I have been taking amoxicillin since. For whatever reason, Hailey is fascinated by the pills. Watching me take them, wanting to look at them, asking to hold them. It has made me a little nervous. Hailey cannot have amoxicillin. We found this out the hard way.
( don't worry she really isn't flipping anyone off- but maybe she felt like it)
Last time she had it she ended up looking like this. She wasn't allergic but actually had some kind of auto immune reaction so if she has the medicine again it could be even worse.

The next few days she looked even worse. She was so swollen her fingers looked like sausages.


I have been double checking the child proof cap everytime I take them. Who knew that a pink and blue pill would be so fascinating?

5 comments:

Chelsey said...

Wow! That is quite the reaction!!! It's always the things they're not supposed to take that are so fascinating, right? Or maybe it's the combination of the blue and pink color.

Jaime Lynne said...

Scary!!! That's probably a good thing for you to know!!

Erin said...

OH those pictures make me so sad for her! So glad you know now to keep it away. Glad you're having a fun summer Lindsey! (sorry you've been sick...)

Unguren said...

Eeek! I totally remember that. It was not fun...for you or her.

Rebecca said...

Ooh. Sariah did the same thing, but she WAS allergic to them. The night after her reaction she anaphylactic shock. SO not fun.

Yeah. Keep an eye on that bottle....

Hope you are feeling better!