We enjoyed our long weekend, even though it seemed to go by so fast. On Friday, Corey took the older kids and went to meet his family to go camping. They were gone until late Saturday night and Emery and I were all alone. I was so excited to have a little peace and quiet, but it was almost too quiet. Poor little Emery was just lost. She kept crawling from room to room looking for the kids. She really didn't know what to do with herself. She and I did get in some good shopping time though. I sent Corey with a camera and told him to take pictures. Mostly he took some really obnoxious ones of the camp itself like random trees and pop cans, but he did get a few cute shots of the kids.
The kids had the best time. Riding on 4-wheelers and shooting the BB gun seemed to be a couple of the favorite things. I love the picture of Hailey with the BB gun, it's every mothers dream to see their daughter with a gun. They were not very happy about coming home. Carter even said it was more fun than playing with his friends. If you know Carter at all, that says a lot.
Monday was pretty low-key. We went to lunch and for frozen yogurt. We BBQ'd for dinner and the kids played outside. It was hard to face the morning, but only another day and a half and summer officially begins!!

1 comment:
The kids look great! I'm glad they had some quality "dad" time. It is nice to get a break but after awhile, I also get stir crazy because it get too quiet.
Post a Comment