Monday, April 12, 2010

A whole lot of nothin'

Things have been kind of boring around here lately. Nothing really going on. School, playdates, work, more work, laundry, cleaning, more laundry, recleaning, diaper changes, and then repeat all of the above. That's just the way it goes. It doesn't make for good blog updates though. However, I wont let that stop me.

One of the things I love about blogging is reconnecting with people, or simply staying in touch with people. I am terrible about picking up the phone and calling anybody so I love that I can keep up through others blogs. I have tried to convince more of my family to blog, but haven't been too successful.

Another thing I love about blogging is that there are so many good blogs out there. One I recently started looking regulary at this one. I have learned so much from the tutorials.  Just look at the sidebar. I have learned how to make so much on Picasa after looking at the tutorial for making a blog header. But the one I loved was how to make your pictures bigger. So much easier. No need to edit HTML. Just change your global settings and life is much simpler. The best part is, the photo automatically goes where you want it, no more dragging it around and having to mess with all the extra space. (Maybe some of you already knew this, but I am a little slow with this stuff). Only thing is, since changing my settings, I can't find the spellcheck. If anyone finds it, please let me know, until then I just hope I can remember how to spell!

( I said I liked blogging to reconnect with people... I learned about the blog from this person. We went to college together and have since caught up through blogging. She recently had a traumatic turn of events, I am wishing her a speedy recovery.)

What a shock, this turned out to be another random post!! That's how I like it.

Just for fun...

Carter has won his latest battle. I couldn't fight anymore. I let him quit taking piano. It was interfering (not sure how to spell that, but since I can't find the spell check) with his busy social calendar. But Emery has taken over for him. The novelty has not worn off for her and she loves it.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh I'm liking that blog!! I've already removed my border from around my header! I have been wondering how all you guys have such cute headers on your blogs. I'm gonna have to play around with Picasa some more and do something fun and cute too! Thanks for the randomness!!! :)

Chelsey said...

I agree with the last commenter. I a uneducated blogger and have been wondering the same about all the pictures and borders and... so thanks! Always fun to check up on people. Especially when you move so much like me...hopefully that will be over with one day.

Lara said...

Wow, I didn't know you used Picasa to design your blog. It looks great! And I LOVE random posts, sometimes those are the most fun to read!

Unknown said...

I love Picasa too! and I just found out about that blog and am super excited to change my blog around a little bit. i love that blogger is working on making it easier to upload photos and such.

Unguren said...

I am happy when I hear randomness.

It reminds me of my thoughts.