Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Weekend catch-up

On Friday, I sent Carter to day camp for all that evening and all day Saturday. Then I sent Kayden (along with Corey) on his first overnight campout. It just seems absolutely scary that he is old enough to do that. He came back exhausted, excited, and covered in everything he ate that weekend. He survived and I was relieved.

( He was so excited to leave that he wouldn't even stop for a picture)

On Saturday, I took the three little kids and headed to Utah for Corey's Grandma's birthday party. ( It is not unusual for me to attend his family events without him. They like me better anyway). We had a good time and it was fun to see everyone. The ride home was not great though. Emery is still not fond of riding in the dark...she cried a lot. Needless to say, I was happy to get home.

5 comments:

Unguren said...

That looks like a serious party. Was it in a church building? You guys had a lot of tables set up!

Lara said...

As always, I love Emery's outfit! Glad you guys had an awesome weekend!

Jaime Lynne said...

That photo of Kayden leaving for his camp out is priceless! I love it!

emcghee said...

sweet little old grandma! I drive to visit Ben's family all the time without him--he hates the drive and isn't usually all that interested in visiting his family! weird, but whatever.

goldmania said...

I love how all the barlows cover their faces for pictures. :) Well, except Steph