It was pajama day at school last Friday. I thought it was funny to look outside and see a whole bunch of kids running in the backyard, all in pajamas. Soon they will be too embarassed to enjoy things like this.
Emery is no longer innocent....
...although she still looks it. She has learned how to knock the tray off the highchair and does so within 30 seconds of being put there. She is tricky and can do it with her elbow or foot. Now in her defense, I got rid of my big highchair a long time ago and got this small one with Hailey. Hailey learned this trick too and got the chair nice and broken in, but she didn't learn this lovely trick so early. I am not fond of the mess it makes and it will only get worse. I might have to break out the duct tape!!
Hailey has also said some great things. She has also been a little bit of a pill lately. I blame it on her age. I have always thought that 3 year olds are the worst. Last week, we were getting in the van from picking up Brendan. She has been driving me crazy everyday at this time. She climbs in and gets into every seat but her own. I was yelling talking to her nicely about it for the 15th time, she just looked at me and said,
" Mom, you should just be laughing at me, it's funny, sometimes you just have to laugh."
" Mom, you should just be laughing at me, it's funny, sometimes you just have to laugh."
I will try to remember that.
She also said this to my friend while playing at her house...
"In a few minutes I'm going to be a mom. Then my mom will be a grandma. First I have to be a kid though."
I hope those few minutes are very long.
We also started baseball. Brendan said he was tired after about 5 minutes. It's going to be a long season.

5 comments:
Lindsey your kids make me laugh...I got a good smile out of this post today. Thanks!
P.S. - 3 IS worse than 2, I don't care what anyone else says...
Random posts are my favorite. Love the pajama day - wish every day was pajama day! I also love your daughter's quotes. Too funny! Some days laughing really is all you can do. :)
So cute! Glad I have your blog address! You are super mom to me! Thanks for the advice. I definitely think that's what I'm going to do. I'm scared! Yikes!
Threes are bad. However I think Laney was worse at 2 and Gavin is more winey at 5.
I'm with you on three, but I have to say four is right up there too. Today in the parking lot at staples and target Riley threw a MAJOR fit and all because he didn't get a bag to carry out to the car, really.
Post a Comment