Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm really into random things lately

Emery has just not really been her usual happy little self all week. I can't see anything in her mouth yet, but I think she finally has some teeth trying to push their way in. Yesterday, I really needed a few minutes to get things done. I was out of graham crackers, so I resorted to letting her have a biter biscuit. Looking at the aftermath, I remembered why I only use those when I am really desperate. I am not sure it was worth the mess, but she did enjoy it for a good 30-40 minutes.
I need to make sure I add graham crackers to the grocery list.

We have had a lot of rain around here which has resulted in a lot of little weeds popping up in the front yard. Saturday was such a nice day, I sent the kids out to do a little weeding. Carter was convinced that, since this was on top of his additional Saturday chores, I was only using them as slaves. I figured I better take a few pictures to document my little slave ring. Just to save my own skin, you know, I don't want anything to be called into question.
Breaks are taken...

...the occasional food and drink are even provided.

Come to think of it... can I join? I could use the occasional break.

4 comments:

the ball player said...

Doesn't it seem like all you do is cook and clean and cook and clean...that's how I feel with five.

Melissa said...

Isn't that why we have kids??? To be our slaves??? That's why I have all boys, so they can be my slaves and do all the jobs I don't wanna do. :)
I love it when my boys say to me, "why do I have to do EVERYTHING around here?!" I wonder what I do all day if they are doing everything??

Jaime Lynne said...

When you are done working your slaves to death, would you mind hiring them out?! I've got some weeds that could use some pulling and some bathrooms that could use scrubbing!

Fun post! Your blog is full of humor and life. I enjoy it.

Unguren said...

Slave labor is the only way to go!