Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Household or national epidemic?

Having a few boys in the house, I have personally witnessed how much food they can put away. I realize that if they can eat that much now, how scary it is going to be when they are older. However, recently, I think that it's not going to be the food bill that puts us in the poor house, it's going to be this...
...supporting their holy sock habit. I throw away at least 2 pairs every week. It's really ridiculous. I think I could buy a package each time I go to the store. I have tried all different brands and nothing seems to change. Corey thinks I should just make them wear them until the sock is just one big hole. I don't think that's such a good idea and since I don't darn (?not sure what that is or even how to spell it) socks, I guess I will continue to buy them and curse as I throw them away. It's a vicious cycle.

9 comments:

Kati said...

I feel your pain!

Melissa said...

My boys do the same thing!!! What is it with boys putting holes in everything they wear??

Erin said...

Too funny! Can't say we have that problem around here. (although I'm sure we have a bit more drama then you). :)

Unknown said...

Easton is already having that problem, and he isn't even in school yet....I have a feeling it's just going to get worse!

Unguren said...

Funny. My kids don't put holes in their socks they just grow out of them.

Melissa said...

I so thought I was the only one! lol. I swear Jarom, is always getting holes! It's like every other week, I have to throw them away!

emcghee said...

Such a little boy problem! But I only have one boy! That and holes in the jeans! Cooper goes through as many jeans as socks!

Chelsey said...

I'm there with you Lindsey. It also seems that my boys go through pants like crazy. I guess they're just rough on everything. I figure our food bill will at least double when they hit their teens, I can't imagine the milk - we already go through 7 gallons/week.

Connie said...

We made the switch to merino wool socks with our oldest and have cut waaaaay back on the number of holey socks we're throwing out. They're pricier than cotton socks, but worth it in terms of durability. They wick better than cotton and any holes are easier to darn than cotton socks.

But you wouldn't expect less from a family with a father like T (his sock collection could rival his camouflage collection).