... that against your better judgement you let your kids do this.
We actually got these window crayons a long time ago, but I put them up hoping they would be forgotten. Kayden dug them out and begged to use them. I normally shy away from things like this because of the clean up, and yes, it took a solid 30 minutes to clean up, but provided and 1 1/2 hours of entertainment. I guess it was worth it especially because I got to sit down and read and no one bothered me. Yea, I guess totally worth it. We will probably wait awhile before we use them again though.
Or days when your children take matters into their own hands...
Hailey loves to have her toenails and fingernails painted. Of course, it lasts forever on the toes, but only a day of two on the hands. So apparently I wasn't getting it done quick enough so she gave herself a little manicure with markers while she was coloring. Pretty picture and pretty nails all at the same time. Talk about multitasking.
Or my favorite moments when...
Privacy is always a good thing. However with kids it somehow is missing. The other day when I was in the shower, the door suddenly flew open with Brendan standing there asking me where his clone trooper was. Not two minutes later, Hailey's face was smashed against the door begging for me to get out. She just kept saying, "Mom, I just really like you, I want you!"
Really, I had only been in the shower for 10 minutes, I guess my time was up.
Although it did remind me of the time when I was in the shower and Carter, who was only 3, brought me a business card and informed he got from the salesman who was at the door. Strict rules for answering the door have been put in place and child locks put on since then.
Don't you just love those days?!
8 comments:
Lindsey, your kids are too cute, I love these kinds of posts that remind us we aren't alone when it comes to clean-ups and disrupted showers!
Oh and I love the name Emery. It is SO cute!
Rock on! Kids are so adventurous with everything! And my kids ONLY bother me when I'm in the shower. They hang out at my bedroom door until I get out-just like my puppy, Daysi!
Needing a clone trooper can't wait, we all know this.
You made me laugh. I can not tell you how many times I have been taking a shower and my children are pressing their faces up against the glass, etc., etc... There should be a book out there with a collection of all the "mother" moments we have then maybe we can find humour in those moments when they happen to us.
I put a shower curtain in front of my glass shower door, hoping to stop the looky-lues from observing me. That didn't stop them however. Begging me to get out....begging me to do something for them that obviously cannot wait a few minutes. NOW I've ended up locking the bedroom door. Sure, I hear constant knocking, yelling and pounding, but at least I don't have to perform a strip show for my family.
LOL!! I have those days all the time!! Why is it that kids only need you RIGHT THAT SECOND when you are in the shower, bathroom, or on the phone. That is usually when my boys decide things are just too important to wait! I also had to make strict rules about NOT answering the door when I'm in the shower, but also that unless someone is bleeding bad and hurt, they aren't to even open the door if I'm in the shower... it works most the time! :)
How cool. What a great mom you are! I hate it when you can't even go to the bathroom anymore. I didn't realize you are so close to having that new little blessing!! Good luck! I'm so sad that we will not be there to visit you at the hospital this time:( No nachos for us:(
You have to love being a mom. There is nothing else like it. It definately keeps life exciting. I can't wait for the day I can take a long shower without being interupted:)
Post a Comment