Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A bunch of stuff

This past weekend we made a quick trip to Utah to meet this new little one...

...my brother's new little girl, Daphne, and to attend her blessing.


It was so fun to see everyone. My family is not all together very often so it was really nice. And, of course, my kids love going to see all the cousins and grandpa and grandma.


Although this is pretty much what Hailey did the whole time we were there..



...she sat on "her friend" Papa's lap. She really pretty much never leaves his side.

The weekend was short though and on the way home Hailey was not very excited about being stuck in the car. She whined and cried the whole way. She wouldn't pay attention to any of the movies and just kept saying she needed to go back to her friend Papa's house. And has said that every time we've gotten in the car since. But when we were just about home, and after she had been such a pill for 5 hours, she said to me, "it was a great day, wasn't it Mom?"

Yea, just peachy!!


It was a good trip and we made in back just in time for another monumental event...


Brendan's Preschool Graduation

Brendan has loved going to preschool and we will both miss it. It was so funny though because he was not too excited about graduation itself, he acted quite put out by it all and looks really disgruntled in all the pictures. The only time he liked it is when they got to tell everyone what they wanted to be when they grow up. Apparently Brendan wants to be a clone. I think he has watched Star Wars too many times.


On another note..


...today I felt a little like one of these...


4 blood draws in 4 hours. But it is done and I will know the results by Friday. Although I am really not worried; if I had gestational diabetes, I'm sure I would have had some symptoms. Really it was just more time spent in a waiting room, and we all know how I feel about those. 1 more appointment down and many more to go.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

If you had diabetes, wouldn't they have picked up on that on the last test you did?? That would not be fun to get so many blood draws in one day! So Sorry!! But hey, you are almost at the end and done!!! That is the good news!

emcghee said...

You look so much like your Dad! (In the "girl" way!)

Rebecca said...

My kids call my dad "Papa" too.

Looks like a fun weekend, even if it was quick. It's just nice to get out of town once in a while, especially when travel is restricted for pregos during the last several weeks of pregnancy. You end up feeling like you have to leave while you've got the chance.

Anyway, love the preschool pics too. The pouty look is classic!

Frenchy! said...

How cute of Hailey...sitting on Papa's lap!!! Jesie loved her "pompa", too! Jesie looked @ "pompa" one day and said,"oh yeah, DUH!!" That was their little "lingo" to each other!
I always thought Hailey looked like Corey's side of the fam, but I think she looks more like her "papa"! Very Cute!!!

Jaime Lynne said...

Congrats to Brendan!

Erin said...

Fun trip home! Love the name Daphne.

My little one is about to graduate from Pre-school too. Not happy about it. :(

Ginger said...

Brendan....he's so dang funny. So expressive with his face. You can always tell what he's thinking, but it doesn't usually look like it should match with the situation he's in (i.e. - the exciting day of graduation). He kills me.

Unguren said...

Daphne. That is such a cute name.

Brendan is so funny. I like that he wants to be a clone. Classic.

Katie said...

Love the clone idea! You'll have to ask him what kind of place you'd go to get that done-if it's in this galaxy, I'm there! Life would be so much easier if there were 2 of me!