Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas

On Christmas Eve, we spent the day together, making cookies, listening to Christmas music, playing toys and games, and just trying to contain our excitement for the next day.

We had our traditional dinner of chili and cornbread, read Christmas stories, and opened up our new Christmas pajamas before going to bed.
It was actually a nice relaxing day, and I am always a little sad to have Christmas Eve end. There is just so much excitement in the air the whole day.

Once the kids were finally asleep. Santa found his way to the house. 

I always make the kids sit on the stairs before we go downstairs and the chaos begins. They always are annoyed and that only makes me want to make them wait even longer. 

Then all the fun began...
 I always love seeing them get so excited and watching their faces. Brendan really wanted a new pokemon game for his 3ds, ear buds and some Legos. Santa came through and he was so happy.

 Hailey wanted Maleficent and some new books. Her and Brendan also got Razor 360 spark trikes. They are so much fun to ride and have been a big hit. 

 Carter got some new ear buds, gift cards, a new wallet and a bunch a new Nike socks and shirts. The kid loves his Nike socks and has quite a collection of them.

 Anna and Elsa dolls for Emery. She also got a new scooter and the game of life. She loves, loves to play it on Carter's Ipod and getting the real thing was a big deal.

Kayden is always so easy to please. He  never asks for much and is always grateful for what he gets. He asked for new scriptures for Seminary, a 3ds game, and some cash. He loved it all.

My kids were just as excited to give their sibling gifts to each other as they were for their Santa gifts. I love that they have fun picking things out for each other.
 Hailey and Brendan had seen these stuffed animals at Bass Pro when we went a while back. Hailey, of course, wanted a wolf and Brendan found a little bobcat. They were both heartbroken I wouldn't buy them and when we went back to see Santa they were nowhere to be found. I had Corey take the younger kids to explore the other parts of the store, while the older boys and I went on a hunt for them. We were successful and Kayden and Carter were able to secretly buy them. Hailey and Brendan were so surprised and it might have been their favorite present.

Brendan picked out a new outdoor basketball for Carter to replace his that was ruined. 

Emery picked up a gift card for Kayden and was bursting with excitement to give it to him. 
 Of course, there are always lots of fun other gifts from family and grandparents. Corey came through for me with new bedding that I wanted, a gift card, some lanterns and a steam mop. He didn't want to give me a steam mop, but I just kept telling him that I really wanted one and he did a good job finding me a great one. My last one died and I have missed it dearly.

Kayden and Carter went shopping with me on black Friday. That was the day I bought myself my favorite canisters. They also had a cute measuring cups that stack up into a canister. I didn't buy it, but they snuck back into the store and bought it for me. It was such sweet gift from them and such a fun surprise. 

We spent the rest of the day watching new movies, building Legos, playing the Game of Life, and went outside to ride on the new scooter and trikes. It might be the first Christmas in years that we actually got out of our pajamas though and stepped outside. It was cold too, so we didn't last long before we came back in.
I love Christmas and am always sad to have the day end. But am so blessed to have such a wonderful family to spend the day with. We had such a great holiday.

We left the next day to Utah to spend some time with my family. I always kick myself later when I don't get pictures, but we had so much fun with them. It snowed just before we got there and my kids has a ball. My brother, Nick, and his wife Kimber, just bought a new home up in the Ogden canyon. It is a beautiful place and we spent Saturday playing with them in the snow and getting some good cousin time together. On the way home from their house that night, Kayden, the girls, and Corey and I, stopped to see the lights at Temple Square. It was freezing for us desert people, but worth the stop. We had to pack up and go home the next day, but it was a great way to end our Christmas holiday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures. It is too bad none of took pictures at Nick & Kimbers. The kids had so much fun in the snow

Unknown said...

Great pictures. It is too bad none of took pictures at Nick & Kimbers. The kids had so much fun in the snow

Chelsey said...

I've almost bought those 360 razor trikes so many times. Maybe I will just have to get one in for Jake's bday. I love sugar cookies but hate decorating them also. I love seeing your family. Such a good looking bunch!