I'm not sure why I have no pictures to record our trip, not even on my phone. But right after Christmas we drove up to Utah to stay at my parents house and visit family in Utah. We always have a good time and I had my camera with me, but I guess I am having such good time too, I just forget about pulling it out.
While we were there, we drove up Ogden canyon to visit my brother, Nick and his family. They have recently bought and home and moved up there. It was beautiful, snowy and cold. I would love it in the summer I think. It's always fun to visit the cold and snow, but I couldn't live in it. I'm to used to the desert. The kids had a great time playing in it and seeing their cousins.
We also took the girls to see the lights on Temple square in Salt Lake on the way home from Ogden. The boys had enough of the cold, but the girls were pretty excited. We took a quick walk through because, as I mentioned, it was cold, but it was totally worth it and they loved it.
Our trips are never long enough, but we had a great time with everyone. We were even able to see my sister and her kids, who were also were staying at my parents house. With my family all fairly spread out, it's nice to be able to see them all at once. Sadly we did miss seeing my older brother and his family, ironically they live the closest to my parents, but had a busy schedule that weekend.
While we were visiting, some mischief took place that involved this bowl.
Isn't it a beauty? It kinda gives me nightmares. It has a story though.
Several years ago. When we first moved to Las Vegas, my sister and my brother in law Justin, lived here too. For a short time, while we were building our first house, we lived with them. During that time, Justin, made this bowl during a young men's activity. He wrapped it up all nice and gave it to me for Christmas. So thoughtful. After we moved out and sometime later, I smuggled it back into their house and gave it back. It came back and forth several times. Then they ended up moving and I was stuck with it. A few summers ago, I took the kids and we went to visit them in Idaho. I smuggled the beauty back and hid it in their house. It's been there since and I had forgotten all about it.
When we returned from our Utah trip, a couple of nights later, I was turning out lights and heading up to bed. I noticed a wrapped package sitting on the shelf of the living room coffee table. I thought it was so weird to find it. I took it upstairs and asked Corey if he knew what it was. He had no idea. We opened it up and the bowl was staring at us. We both about died laughing. Justin had sent it with my nephew from Idaho, with instructions, to give it to Carter who was supposed to get it home without me knowing about it. Carter was able to hide it in his suitcase and left it for me to find on the coffee table. A well executed plan. Very well played indeed. I laughed for several days about it. Mailing it back is against the rules so until I find a way to get it back it will have to stay here. I'm stuck with it again. I had to put it the back of the kitchen cupboards though so I don't have to see it. I'm sure it will make it's way back to it's creator eventually, I just need a good plan. Until then, I guess I should get over my fears, and use it to serve family dinner in.

No comments:
Post a Comment