Monday, July 21, 2014

5

Somehow my baby turned 5!! I still can't believe she is that old, but we sure had a good time celebrating anyway. She is still young enough to get so excited that we all can't help to be excited too. She asked for weeks on end when her birthday was and was over the moon when her day finally came. 

We started the morning with breakfast. She also requested cowboy cake and then went straight to opening presents. 
 I also love that she is still young enough to love everything and is so excited about everything she gets. Even if it is a pack of her own gum. 

She also still loves playdoh.
 She got a Barbie jeep and her first Ken
 My mom made her an Elsa dress which she now wears all the time. She wore it all day and even on our birthday date.She left the crown and cape at home though, she thought that would just be too much. She had such a hard time deciding where to go. She loves to go out to eat. Loves it. She finally decided on Cafe Rio so she could have her own salad.

We came home and had doughnuts and ice cream...again.
 I have always said this child has more personality than should be allowed. She is just something else, but is so entertaining. I always marvel at how observant of the world she is, she picks up on so much. She is truly a 14 year old trapped in a 5 year old's body. That causes her a lot of frustration. She is always baffled when I tell her no to certain things, like letting her shop by herself or use the butcher knife to cut cheese, because I think she truly has no idea that maybe she's not ready for stuff like that. This girl just takes charge and knows what she wants. And while this is challenging right now, I remind myself daily, sometimes hourly, that these traits will take her far someday. She is such a great addition to our family and love all that she brings with her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a unique little girl.