Monday, July 21, 2014

Party time

Emery's birthday was only made more exciting for her this year because she had her first friend party. I'll admit I don't do elaborate parties for my kids and I don't think they need a party every year either. I like to keep things simple, I think it is actually more memorable for them and special when it doesn't happen every year, but it is fun to do once in awhile.  She wanted to have a Frozen themed party. I suggested we have a Frozen "In Summer" party, where we could play water games outside and she loved the idea.

We sent out an invitation
 
We decorated outside just a little bit. 

Her guests arrived. And Hailey too. She invited her friend Scarlett, from the ward, but then just wanted all the girls from her preschool to come. It was like a preschool reunion except for one favorite friend that was out of town. She almost wanted to cancel because Sammy couldn't make it, but I convinced her she could have fun anyway. 

 And fun we had. I had more elaborate games planned, but once the sprinkler was turned on, the water table filled up and I brought out some buckets and cups, they were as content as can be. They didn't want to do anything else. That's the beauty of 4 and 5 year olds, they are easy to please.


 We had cupcakes and ice cream

Opened presents enjoyed being with friends
She commented for days about how much fun it was. I'm so glad she was able to enjoy it so much and we might have to do it again... in a couple of years.

No comments: