June is our month of birthdays. We start with Carter, three days later with Emery, and three days after that we end with Brendan.
Carter turned 14 this year. And boy, he is such a teenager. I have so much fun with him and really enjoy his personality, but at the same time he makes me mentally exhausted. Teenagers just tend to do that, I think.
We started the morning with his breakfast request of cowboy cake and scrambled eggs. And then opened presents.
Carter is a bit obsessed with Nike right now especially with Nike elite socks. He got several pairs for his birthday and shirts to match.
I love this picture because Hailey had spent a lot of time making Carter a card and you can see how excited she was about it.
The one thing he really really wanted for his birthday was a new pair of shoes and a new hat. He and I spent the afternoon at the Nike outlet and hat store in search of what he wanted. He found his shoes for such a good deal and the hats were all buy one get one half off, he was able to get two hats. (Ever since his field trip to San Francisco,and attending a Giants game, he has wanted San Francisco hat. He also loves the Miami Heat, so he picked one of those too) He was pretty excited about that. And used some of his birthday money for more socks.
That evening, Corey and I, took him on his birthday date. He chose BJ's and ordered a steak. We ended the night with his choice of doughnuts and ice cream.
Carter really is a great kid and is so good with the other kids. He still knows how to play with them and they all love him. He has always tended to draw other kids in and always has a following. Emery still absolutely adores him and most mornings this summer, I find her cuddled up in his bed talking about Minecraft with him. We love having him around and are so glad we were able to make his day a good one.
1 comment:
He's really changed in the last couple of years. Growing up.
Post a Comment