We had been thinking all summer of taking a day and going to the beach with the kids. It seemed like every weekend was taken up with something or other, but we finally just decided to go ahead and do it this weekend. Corey had a couple of free hotel nights too so we packed the kids up after school and headed to California for a couple of days. We were also able to go to a Dodgers game and just spent time relaxing at the hotel. It was such a nice weekend away.
Emery was so excited about being on the beach and was in heaven all day.
I think for all us the beach is a little piece of heaven.
(Emery called the ocean a swimming pool the whole time we were there. And just kept asking Corey to take her back in the pool.)
I think for all us the beach is a little piece of heaven.
(Emery called the ocean a swimming pool the whole time we were there. And just kept asking Corey to take her back in the pool.)
The day was overcast and the water was cold... really cold. That didn't stop the kids at all though. By the end of the day the sun was bright and hot and then the water felt good.
A trip to the beach isn't complete without a lot of sand. Everywhere...and in everything.
A trip to the beach isn't complete without a lot of sand. Everywhere...and in everything.
Of course, by the end of the day, everyone was covered in sand, hungry and exhausted. (unfortunately some of us were a little sunburned too. I'm somehow always a little late on that sunscreen reapplication thing) Emery was asleep almost the second we buckled her into her car seat. It was such a fun time and I always wonder why we don't do beach trips more often. I think we will definitely have to make it happen again next summer.
3 comments:
That makes me want to go to the beach. It's been a long time since we've been there. What a great family activity.
I hate when I'm signed into the wrong google account.
It looks like you had a fun filled weekend!
Post a Comment