Thursday, May 16, 2013

Small changes

I go in spurts around here as far as decorating goes. I always have ideas of things I want to do in my head, but actually getting them done is another thing. I love when I happen upon fun things to bring home though. Sometimes just small little changes make such a difference.

My love of lanterns continues. Target has these cute turquoise ones in their outdoor stuff. I think this little one is so cute on my island sitting on my cake stand. 

This one I found quite awhile ago on a trip to homegoods with my mom. I fell in love with it. 
It love it sitting under my front entry table. ( I'd like to say this is an old picture, but the valentine print in the frame is still there, I have just been too lazy to actually print something new. Someday)

When we made our spring break trip to Utah, I of course, did some more shopping with my mom. Those trips with my mom seem to be the only time I purchase decor stuff, but I found this sign and knew it would be so cute on the pantry door.
 I think it was the turquoise lettering that called my name. 

My rug by the back door was getting so worn. This one was another clearance target find. The red and turquoise were perfect. I just wish now I would have bought a backup. 
Now to buy curtains that are actually the right length and don't show all the dust and dirt that the kids bring in with them from the backyard.

I love adding new things here and there.

1 comment:

grandma race said...

I need to come down to do a Home Goods and Target run with you. I love the new turquoise lantern.