Friday, July 27, 2012

My favorites on Friday

Some of my favorite reads.

Having my kindle has really sparked my love of reading again. I have always loved it, but really having access to some many books is amazing. I know the library is the same, but I am just too lazy to go to one. And I don't like waiting for them once I decide that's what I want to read. Corey has never complained about me buying books, that might be the only thing he doesn't complain about me buying, but he did comment awhile back about how many I had purchased. He may complain about that soon so since then I have only tried to buy only 2 a month. I am just a little addicted.
 This was book was a surprise. It was a book club choice a few months ago. I was worried about liking it, but loved it. In fact, I couldn't read anything else for awhile because I couldn't stop thinking about it.There are more books to this series, but it is a story in of itself so you don't have to go on. I have heard this one was the best of all of them anyway.

 This was a book I had heard about here and there and decided to go ahead and give it a try. A story of a girl living in Nazi Germany. I loved it too, such and amazing story, but told in a very unique way.


 This was another book club choice. I enjoyed it, not one of my favorites, but I learned quite a few things from it, especially that I know nothing about Orthodox Jews. It's always good to learn something new, I guess that's why reading is good, right?!


 This is probably my all time favorite book. I know it will be one I read over and over. In fact, I still read it in between other books.  I have heard about it for years, but once again never read it. It popped up as a recommended read list and I gave in. It's a historical fiction, which I am finding seem to be my favorite anyway, about a young girl on the American frontier. This is just so good. I really can't even express how much I loved it.

 After These is my Words, I have been on a historical fiction kick. Another fun one. I enjoyed the characters and I always enjoy a little love story. I could read this one again.

I just finished this one last night. A story about two people during the Civil War. It took me a little longer to get going on it, but then I couldn't stop. A couple of nights I read until my kindle died. I actually could see myself reading this again also.

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

You're beating me with all this reading you're doing. I probably just need a kindle too. I loved these is my words and enjoyed the book thief. I'll have to try the others too. Just got done with Atlas Shrugged. It was good, yet lengthy, but I'd say definitely worth a read if you have some time.

Samantha said...

Yes! I love a good book recommendation. I LOVED daughter of the forest. You should read the other two books- I loved the second one just as much. I'm going to try edenbrooke! Maybe I'll just buy it too.

Robert Lea said...

Thank you, thank you for posting these. I have some new books to add to my goodreads list!