Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Brendan's celebrations

Brendan started his birthday with doughnuts and eggs for breakfast. We don't ever have doughnuts for breakfast so it has become a popular birthday breakfast request around here. Then we moved on to the opening of presents. 

Everything was wrapped in purple paper, which is his favorite color right now. He wanted some Halo mega blocks sets (we don't even have Halo, but he thought the toys were so cool on a recent trip to Target and has wanted them ever since) and a nerf pistol. Pretty fun requests and he was not disappointed.



checking out all his stuff, doughnut mustache and all!!
 For his birthday outing, he wanted to go to Broadway pizza for lunch. We were able to make that happen too. Then instead of cake he just wanted everybody to go to get frozen yogurt. Another request I was able to pull off, with so many birthdays, we get our fill of cake anyway. 

Then the next day was another big day, his baptism. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends came to celebrate with him. He was so excited about it all and just was beaming all weekend.
 We had a luncheon with everyone that came, but I didn't get too many pictures taken, I was having too much fun visiting with everyone. But we sure loved honoring Brendan for such a big day.


Carter's ordination was the next day and we celebrated a little for him too. My dad made bbq ribs just for him and we enjoyed another great meal with family. Such great occasions to celebrate and I am so proud of my boys!!

We have had a great time with all the birthdays and events around here, but I am glad to get it all done, I'm tired!!! I need to rest up for next year.

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

My boys always want those Halo Mega blocks too, but I bought mega blocks once for Jordan and the pieces didn't fit together very well so I swore I wouldn't buy them again and haven't since. You'll have to let me know if the Halo set is better than the castle one I bought a few years back.

Unguren said...

Our kids love doughnuts! They mostly just eat the frosting but that is ok..right? Hopefully it was everything he wanted it to be. Congrats to him.

Unknown said...

Looks like lots of fun... Love the display