On Carter's birthday, we started the morning with doughnuts and eggs, by his request. Then we opened presents, he made a pretty good haul and was excited. He was looking pretty nice in his new pink polo and smelled good with his new cologne. Then he headed over to a friends house for the afternoon. (He is getting too old since he wants to hang out with friends instead of his family.) Corey and I took him out to dinner that night. He picked Cafe Rio so he could get some chips and queso. I made him humor me and take some pictures while we were out. We had a good time with just him, something that doesn't happen a lot around here, and I think he had a good day.
Then on Monday he had his swim party with some of his friends. We had to wait a couple of days since some of his friends were off at scout camp on his actual birthday.
There is nothing easier than a swim party. No entertainment necessary and everybody gets worn out. We made his requested brownie sundaes with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, provided snacks and had cold Dr. Pepper on hand. He really had a good time and I am glad we were able to make him happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment