Monday, October 31, 2011

Costumes



I have been a bit of a Halloween scrooge this year- it's not my favorite holiday, but I just wasn't feeling it this year. I didn't even put out all my decorations. We did manage to get costumes pulled off though. Kayden wanted to be a samari, but I didn't know this until it was too late to get a costume so we made him a zombie. Hailey wanted to be a bat. This girl always has such interesting costume choices and makes me work to put hers together. Carter is repeating his theme from last year and using his football uniform. I didn't mind since I was busy creating bat wings. Brendan picked Sonic. I had to search for that hat and payed way too much for it. He has worn it every second since it arrived though so I guess I am getting my moneys worth. 

Emery must have been feeling the same way I have been because she wasn't going to have anything to do with her costume. NOT. AT. ALL. She screamed just when I showed it to her. It was only a simple cowgirl costume. I wasn't even attempting to put the hat on or anything, just the little skirt and vest. But no way. Not even her boots, even though she wears them all the time.  Oh well, I don't think I will even bother and save it for next year, that way I am already way ahead of the game and have something planned already. 

Brendan and Hailey had a school trunk-r-treat, we went to our ward one on Saturday, and the kids all have had stuff in their classes. We have loads of candy so I think we can call it a holiday. Emery and I would be totally happy with that. Next year will be better, right, since I already have one costume taken care of?!!

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

We had a zombie...and Jake had a cowboy costume that I couldn't get him to put on this year. All he wanted was his old ratty batman costume that he wears day in and day out. Now I've got to figure out how to make all the candy dissapear.

Unguren said...

I think Brendan's hat is awesome. Money well spent I say.

I am sorry that I didn't tell you that we were coming. We came in late friday night and left early sunday morning. I am fairly certain that we spent more time driving then we spent there. I hope we are still friends.:)

Unknown said...

I love Hailey's costume ideas! I will never forget the brown horse! love it.