Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Favorites on Friday

Corey is kind of my favorite guy right now. He planned a mid week, overnight getaway for us. He arranged for his parents to come and take care of the kids and we took off to be tourists of our own town. It was so much fun and such an amazing surprise.

We started off with dinner at Maggiano's, which is always delicious. He had made reservations with a table by the window so we were able to see the strip while we ate.

Then we went to see this little show... you may have heard of it. Also amazing.
 In all the years that we have lived here, this is only the 2nd show we have seen. It was so good. I am thinking that maybe we should get out and see a few more.

Then we spent the night at the Trump Tower. I have used this word a few times already, but also amazing. We were on the 37th floor, and the view was... amazing. 
(my pictures, unfortunately, not so amazing. I didn't know where we were going and didn't think to grab my good camera so I had to rely on Corey's phone.)
 The room was... amazing. I think the best feature was the TV inside the bathroom mirror. (Seriously, how cool?)
We were able to sleep in, do a little shopping, and have a good lunch before we had to check back into reality. Such an amazing getaway without even going far. 

Yeah, Corey is my favorite, he is kind of amazing. And it was definitely my favorite way to spend the middle of the week.

6 comments:

Smith said...

That TV is soooo COOL!! Better than I pictured it.

Melissa said...

How fun!!! Patrick surprised me with Phantom tickets last year too, and it was so awesome!! Glad you had a fun little "getaway"!

Jaime Lynne said...

Corey is kind of your favorite guy right now? You have others? :) but seriously. What a sweetheart! I am glad you had a getaway. And in the middle of the week makes it even better... No carpools or lessons or meals. And no kids!

Jaime Lynne said...

Also, you look smokin' hot!

Chelsey said...

Cory needs to give some tips for Brad. If he gave me a mid-week getaway with a chance to see a musical, Brad would be my favorite for quite some time. You're a lucky girl. Of course, He's a lucky guy too. I heard you had lunch the other day with Elizabeth and I was jealous.

Unguren said...

That is...well...Amazing. You are a very lucky lady.