When I just had Kayden it was easy to control what he was introduced to. The more kids you have and the more friends they get the harder it is to control. The younger ones learn far more about stuff than you want them to from the older ones. I remember when Kayden and Carter were in nursery together and Corey and I worked in there too, there was one little boy who knew everything about Star Wars. I thought that was so weird, and at the time, I thought it was inapporiate for someone so young. Well, fast forward a few more years to when Brendan came along, and I think he knew all about it before he was a year. I have many pictures of him wielding a light saber. By then Kayden and Carter had been introduced to it, were totally obsessed and he learned from them.
Many other obsessions have followed and every time the little ones go right along with it. But one of the things I worked really hard to control, for a long time was the introduction of certain foods in their diet. Well, not really foods so much as just CONDIMENTS. Even the word makes me ill. It should be a swear word. I hate ketchup, mustard, mayo, miracle whip, and anything else. A little salad dressing, on salad only, is as far as I go. Really, just the smell of the stuff sends me gagging. When I met Corey and found out he felt the same way (except for a little mustard now and then) I knew we were meant for each other.
Well, I was able keep my kids in the dark to most of this stuff until poor Carter discovered ketchup and started eating it with everything. I had not even had a bottle of ketchup in the house until then. When my parents visit they have to bring their own mayo even. So even though I have lost the battle of them eating it I still don't introduce my kids to it. They have to discover it on their own. Unfortunately, that is what has happened with Emery. She finally noticed the kids were dipping their chicken nuggets in something and apparently she felt left out. I couldn't keep it from her any longer. I tried. It's all down hill from here, everything will be blamed on her eating ketchup.
Yuck!!!
Yuck!!!
(even the pictures make me sick)
6 comments:
You're funny! I can't believe you hate all that stuff. You'd get totally grossed out at my house then because my dad put ketchup on everything and becasue of that I love ketchup on my scrabmled eggs and so do my boys. I remember when Brendan was over at my house and I made them nuggets for lunch, he wanted ketchup with them and Jantz thought it was the weirdest thing because he likes ranch with his. He now tells everyone that comes over about it.
LOL!!! This post just made me laugh!!! That is funny!!! I hate ketchup too, and it totally grosses me out when my kids dip their nuggets in it, who would want to dip nuggets in that nasty stuff?? :P Hate mustard and Miracle Whip too, Mayo is ok, but only in small amounts on a sandwich or something.
I completely agree with your dislike of condiments. I am exactly the same way. The smell of ketchup especially grosses me out.
I feel for you, friend. I feel for you.
You KILL me. I was totally expecting the worst and then I read CONDIMENTS. I am laughing hard right now. You rock even if a little ketchup smell gets you down.
You are too funny! I am not personally a fan of ketchup, but everyone else in this house is I just ignore it. I have to say that this post made me giggle though...thanks for the laugh. :) Personally, I like Ranch on my chicken nuggets. ;)
I do not like condiments either. I like my sandwiches dry...and that is why we were ment to be friends.
My kids always feel like they need an assortment of dips on their plates like, ranch, bbq sauce, ketchup, mustard....
Speaking of nasty things and ketchup...I knew a guy in high school that would make tacos with velvetta cheese mixing the meat in and then would put ketchup on the top. Nasty.
Post a Comment