Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Goings on

Unfortunately this is what has been going on at our house...

 A couple weeks ago Corey and Kayden were struck with the yucky sickness. Last week it was Carter, who missed three days of school. They all run a fever for a day or two and then just feel lousy for a day or two more.  Yesterday Brendan started and Emery went down with it today.

I spent today either holding the baby or cuddled with Brendan. Makes for some mighty unproductive days, but I don't really mind.

Hailey doesn't mind the extra time at home either. She declares it a "pajama day" for herself too and gets in a good workout with her Nickelodeon Fit game.
We fit in a couple of projects between the bouts of sickness. Brendan and I created this for his 100th day of school project. He came home and declared that it was the best project in his whole class. I was just relieved all the gumballs stayed in place. 100 gumballs is surprisingly heavy.

Carter also had his Scout Blue and Gold Banquet. With that comes the dreaded cake making. For me anyway, he loves it, I dread it. Cake is NOT my medium. The theme for the year was "Resourcefulness". Not really the best theme for making the cake ideas flow.  The only thing that came to mind was a big roll of duct tape. We went with that.  It was a sad little cake. I am just glad I don't have to make another cake for a few years at least until Brendan is a Cub Scout.


We also had company this weekend. It was very well timed for them. They came after Carter was sick and left just as Brendan bit the dust. Corey's cousin Julie, her husband Kirk, and two boys ( Justin and Jared) came for a soccer tournament. My kids had a great time with them, well Emery was a little leery of them. Until Kirk started performing acrobatic tricks with her and Hailey. Their little bodies were flying through the air and then Emery was all smiles. She would have probably left with them after that.




(sorry for the blurry pics- I took a lot more of all their tricks, but had my shutter speed setting off and didn't notice until too late. Kirk will just have to perform his tricks another time when I have my camera settings all right)


Emery and Jared. He picked her up and then she wouldn't move.

Pretty fun "goings on" around here, minus the sickness. Hopefully we can kick that out of here soon and be a little more productive - maybe even make it out of our pajamas.

5 comments:

the essentials in life said...

This sickness is spreading all over! I hope you don't get it...then what would everyone do? :) Let me know if you need me to do anything.

Chelsey said...

That is the sickness we had. It was terrible. Hopefully you do not get it. I love the duct tape cake, it gave me a good laugh. It is definitely resourceful:)

Kati said...

Yep, we've had that sickness last week at our house too, but only with Jantzen. He threw up in class all over his desk...poor kid.

Nice job on the cake, we didn't get to do them this year.

Unguren said...

We are on our second week of sickness. I think the kids are just passing it around to each other...again and again and again.

Your 100 day project is cute. (Gavin's class didn't do a project they were just told to bring a 100 of something. Something = 100 yogurt raisins in a bag.)

lakeelers said...

You are such a creative person. Don't worry about it. I think that Amberly does a doughnut cake. She doesn't like cakes either.

Love to watch the kids as they grow and develop.