Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Play it again, Sam

I have always wanted to give my kids a chance to learn to play the piano. It just never worked out in the past, especially since we don't own a piano (usually kind of important for piano lessons ). But about three weeks ago when I found out my friend was going to start giving lessons, I signed them up, piano or not. So we started looking on Craig's list and found a great piano for a great deal . So now we are in full swing playing "Old MacDonald" and other favorites.

Kayden and Carter are both excited to learn and Brendan and Hailey are just as excited to play their own compositions. We just had to make the rule of no piano from 8 pm to 8 am to get a little break, but I'm sure we will hear a lot of it from now on.



{just in case anyone needs a little Emery fix}

7 comments:

Samantha said...

I thought you were dedicating something to me (because of your post title). haha.

I miss you! Glad things are going so great. 5 kids looks good on you.

Erin said...

So fun! Kenny has always wanted our girls to play the piano but (same as you) we don't have one. No excuse now right! I'm so impressed with all you're doing with 5 kids including a baby!

Unguren said...

The Barlow's house is alive with the sound of music.

And I always need a Emery fix.

Amber said...

#1 Emery is a doll. That last picture is my favorite- you can see a little double chin!

#2 yay for piano!!

thecustercrew said...

We need to be more diligent on the piano thing around here. I glad your kids are enjoing it.

Unknown said...

That is so fun to start piano lessons (and that they are excited to practice) I wish, I wish I had a piano...just a little jealous :)

Emery is a doll!

The Keelers said...

hey lindsey, my mom mentioned you could not see our pictures so here is our blog.