Friday, August 21, 2009

Sibling Rivalry??


My kids love this baby. They have been so good with her. I think you always worry how they will adjust, but so far they are just so happy to have her in our home.

Carter has been such a natural with her. If she is fussing, and I can't get to her right away, he picks her up, cuddles her, and is great at comforting her. Kayden is usually right behind him to offer his assistance.

Even Brendan, who was not excited to have another sister, has been quite curious about her. He drags the stool into the bathroom when I give her a bath and asks me all kinds of questions about her. He is still confused about the umbilical cord though and regularly checks to see how her belly button looks.

Hailey always wants to hold her. And totally cracks me up-she will kiss her and then look at me and say, "mmm, Emery smell", as she sniffs and takes it in. She is one of the first to alert me if she is crying, usually before the rest of hears her.

It's been so fun to see how they react around her and I am so glad that they love her so much.

(Really, what's not to love though?!)

3 comments:

Erin said...

You are so right! How could you not love that little face!? She is too cute for words! And so lucky to have all of those siblings to take care of her. What a darling family you have Lindsey!

Erin said...

p.s. LOVE the collage at the top of your blog!

Rebecca said...

Of course they love her! She's precious!

I also notice no rivalry. (At least not with him. Towards other older siblings, well....) Anyway, the one I was most worried about informs us regularly that Michael is his baby Michael.

Oh, and I love that Carter goes to comfort Emery. I expect that with a girl, but not a boy. That's awesome!